UPCOMING AT KOLOT
6:00am Join Rabbi Lippmann and Kolot members at fast food workers' rally NW corner of 41 St & 7 Ave in Manhattan. RSVP with United NY & New York Communities for Change Faith Organizer Kercena A. Dozier at 202-531-0806 and/or at email@example.com.
6:30pm Dinner at a local restaurant for anyone dealing with aging parents, especially those with Alzheimer's or dementia. Location TBD. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday 9/6: Last Shabbat in Prospect Park
The "tallis tree" is straight in from 11th Street and Prospect Park West entrance and across the park road. The tree is near the ballparks, which are under renovation, and slightly north of the horse corral/ring. Bring something to sit on. If heavy rain, we meet at Gethsemane.
9:00-10:00am Torah study
9:30am Chanting led by Lisa Zbar
10:00am Potluck breakfast please bring a nosh to share
10:30am Service led by Rabbi Lippmann and Cantor Segal
Sunday 9/7: Roots/Judur/ Shorashim
A conversation about Palestinian Nonviolent Resistance and the Changing of Minds, with Ali Abu Awwad and Hanan Schlesinger. At Kolot Chayeinu, 1012 Eighth Ave. $5-$10 sliding scale. More info.
Kolot Chayeinu's High Holy Days schedule
Thursday morning September 4, join Rabbi Ellen Lippmann, Kolotniks and New York Communities for Change at a fast food workers' rally at 6am. NW corner of 41st St and 7th Ave. in Manhattan. #fastfoodforward
Ali Abu Awwad and Hanan Schlesinger
Moderated by Rabbi Ellen Lippmann
Sunday, Sept. 7, 7:00pm at Kolot Chayeinu
Suggested donation $5-$10 to offset speakers' travel costs
Hebrew Roots and High Holy Days 5775
Class with Rabbi Sue Oren on four Thursdays this fall. Learn concepts, roots and melodies for the High Holy Days. More information and sign up!
On the current crisis and violence in Israel and Gaza:
- More thoughts from Rabbi Lippmann and Kolotniks -- August 11, 2014 | 15 Av 5774
- A note from Rabbi Lippmann and two Kolotniks -- July 28, 2014 | 1 Av 5774
- A special note from Rabbi Lippmann -- July 23, 2014 | 25 Tamuz 5774
- A d'var Torah by Kolot member Carolyn Klassen -- Parsha Mattot (July 19, 2014 / 21 Tamuz 5774)
- A prayer by Kolot member and rabbinical student Trisha Arlin
- A d'var Torah by Kolot member Sandy Abramson -- Parsha Masei (July 26, 2014 | 28 Tamuz 5774)