Kolot Chayeinu’s Shabbat Dinners 2012
May 18, 2012
ALL DINNERS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
Join your fellow Kolot members (and meet some new faces) for a relaxed Shabbat evening of food, friendship, ritual, and community.
On Friday, May 18th, at 6:30, join the congregation of Kolot Chayeinu for Occupy Your Shabbat, an array of Shabbat dinners taking place all over Brooklyn in the homes of Kolot members. See how different the weekend feels when you start it out the Shabbat way, with Kolot friends.
This is not a fundraiser, but a time to connect with other Kolot members and celebrate Shabbat in their homes. (That said, as always, Kolot will happily accept your donations if you feel moved to offer them.)
Each dinner will include Shabbat blessings, varying with the custom of the host.
SHABBAT DINNER CHOICES
♦ Appropriate for small children
◊ Appropriate for older children
1. Share Shabbat with Kitah Daled Families: Park Slope ◊
Fred Bernstein & Charles Upchurch
2. Backyard B-B-Que: Park Slope
Susan Goldfinger-Velez & Bernardo Velez
3. Children and Bourbon Welcome!: Kensington / Windsor Terrace ◊ ♦
Ellen Honigstock & Elliot Kipnis
4. Wine, Chicken and Song!: Clinton Hill
Ellen Gruber Garvey & Joyce Ravitz
5. Shabbat Around the World: Park Slope ◊ ♦
Ruth Cohen, Bob Usdin, Martha Usdin & Marvin Usdin
6. Somewhat Swiss-Inspired Shabbat Dinner: Prospect Heights ◊ ♦
Eddy Ehrlich & Yvonne Brechbuhler
7. Bring a quote from your favorite activist:
Briana Carp, Dori Chandler & Scott Fox
8. HOLLLLLAAAAA…Challah: Windsor Terrace ◊
9. Jewish Paella: Park Slope ◊ ♦
Richard Greenspan & Rachel Ratner
AFTER YOU MAKE YOUR CHOICES, GO HERE TO RSVP