JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking a part-time Marketing/Communications Coordinator to strategize, manage and execute Kolot’s digital identity and core communications. This is a great opportunity to get a wide range of experience in non-profit communications and influence the strategy of an organization's communications. These include but are not limited to:
• Managing the digital life of our community
• website design/maintenance
• internal/external communications and announcements
• varied uses of social media
• and more
The Communications Coordinator is an essential part of our staff team, performing the critical work of coordinating the promotion of the congregation, its events and programs; and facilitating communications between members, staff, and the board. This position reports to the Executive Director; and works closely with Clergy and the Director of Learning & Action.
We are seeking a hard-working team player who is reliable, innovative, and possesses excellent communication, digital marketing, and interpersonal skills.
This position is responsible for:
• Communications Strategy - Develop an overall organizational communications strategy instituting best practices policies for e-mail, social media, and print communications
• Website – Staff person primarily responsible for website content and design. Strong working knowledge of CMS necessary
• Email Communications - responsible for community emails that go out under the Kolot banner
• Social Media Communications - Managing multiple social media platforms, as well as growing our social media presence
• Print Communication – Responsible for managing the drafting, editing, and printing of Kolot’s paper materials; coordinate both printed and electronic communications; and coordinate the print/mail house vendors
GOALS / METRICS:
• Increase overall awareness of our community activities: in our own congregation, in the local area, and in the press
• Increase readership of our e-newsletter and drive attendance to events/programs and donations during fundraising campaigns
• Institute overall communications strategy to be integrated into both the staff and volunteer culture
• Overhaul our use/understanding of the digital marketplace and improve our interaction and reach to our members and those outside via our website
• At least two years of digital content/marketing experience with knowledge of various CMS and at least minimal design experience
• College degree or comparable work experience
• Strong working knowledge of the organized Jewish world, synagogue life, and the Jewish community would be preferred but not necessary
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work with diverse array of people
• Must be a US citizen or have the proper legal documentation to work in the US
Flexible work environment – in terms of schedule and location. Collegial staff and community. Meaningful community building.
PAY: $27,000 / year. Approximately 20 / wk.
The position is available until it is filled.
Please e-mail your resume and two professional references and a link to your writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “MARKETING / COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR” in the subject line.