Kolot Chayeinu/Voices of Our Lives, a progressive, independent synagogue in Park Slope, Brooklyn, is seeking a short-term, project-based High Holy Days Co-Coordinator (HHDCII) to work in conjunction with our returning High Holy Days Co-Coordinator (HHDCI). The High Holy Day Co-Coordinators will manage the coordination and planning of events, volunteers, and logistics needed in the pre-process, day-of event execution, and wrap-up for the congregation surrounding Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, as well as the holiday of Sukkot.This is one of the congregation’s largest programs with over 1,000 people coming through in over one week; it is central to our connection to the community. We are seeking a hard-working, detail oriented, collaborative, highly self-motivated, and self-directed project manager. Working in conjunction with the HHDCI, the HHDCII will report to the Executive Director, with coordination from the Rabbi, Cantor, and Director of Action & Learning.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate logistics/operations of moving, deliveries, materials, and scheduling
- Run operationally all events, services, printing, and meals through set-up, execution, & clean-up
- Register and engage volunteers for jobs and manage/oversee all volunteers on-site
- Update, maintain, and access lists of schedules, meals, services, materials, and volunteers
- Assist with location management needs
- Event planning or project management experience
- Volunteer management experience
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized, collaborative, and detail oriented
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with both Kolot Chayeinu and our High Holy Day services and Sukkot events
PROJECT DURATION: Pre-meetings, outreach and volunteer engagement will start in early August. Erev Rosh Hashanah is Wednesday, September 20, Kol Nidre is Friday, September 29 and the end of Sukkot is Wednesday, October 11. Attendance throughout the High Holy Day services, including Rosh Hashanah in its entirety, will be a key part of the time commitment.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Sherri Levine at firstname.lastname@example.org.