Congregational Meeting 2012/5772
Kolot Chayeinu's Annual Congregational Meeting was held on June 15th Congregational Meeting! We ate a lovely meal from Baluchis and then participated in discussions and learning.
President Cindy Greenberg sharing
a report on year, 5772,
at Kolot Chayeinu.
Among the highlights of the meeting were:
- Conversation about race and racism and the beginnings of a Kolot "Torah of Race;" led by the Rabbi, featuring a poem by Kolot student, Ruby Simon
- A report-back on the Synagogue Sustainable Business Models program with which Kolot has been involved over the last 18 months, including provocative data and questions produced from the big survey Kolot completed last year;
- Good news about Kolot's financial position - we will be ending the year with a very modest surplus for the first time in several years;
- A bird's eye view of the incredible growth and vibrant programmatic life of our now 700-people-strong congregation;
- A fantastic and ruach/spirit-lifting video performance from Kitah Hay of the Children's Learning Program.
Special materials about all these topics were prepared by the Rabbi; President Cindy Greenberg; Treasurer Eric Sloan, SSBM Team Andrea Arzt, Adrienne Fisher and Bob Usdin; and the Race Task Force Leaders Shawn Harris, Roberta Samet and Barbara Gross.
- Presidents Report
- Treasurer's Report
- SSBM Survey, a summary
- Race Task Force report on the Torah of Race
Board member Bob Usdin and SSBM Co-Chair Adrienne Fisher unrolling the scroll of data gleaned from Kolot's participation in the Synagogue Sustainable Business Models program.
|Join Our Mailing List|